Tuesday 2 October 2018

Colour Creations - Fresh Fig

http://whatcathymade.com.au/awh-colour-creations-blog-hop-week-18-fresh-fig/
Hi All, This week the colour is Fresh Fig this is one of the 2017 - 2019 In Colours and sadly it will end next at the end of May. I for one will be sad to see it go as I really love this colour. My card this week was inspired by a lady in Germany I couldn't understand what she was saying but I got the general idea and ran with it.
I started with a Fresh Fig card and using my Layered Leaves Embossing folder I emboss the leaves I then took my Versa Mark pad and patted it all over the sheet added my Silver embossing powder and then brushed off the parts I didn't want embossed to give a patchy look I then heated the powder to set it. I mounted this onto my card front. I then added a silver foil sheet layer and then stamped and embossed in silver the Dandelion Wishes stamp (Page 118) and the Sentiment from the Petal Palette stamp (Page 119) .
I then added this to the front of the card so that it looks like a card on a card. I added another sentiment to the inside of this card and I also used magnet to hold this flap down nicely.
I added my insert using whisper white card and stamped again from the dandelion stamp set. I love this effect and I think if I made this card again I would slightly enlarge the card on the front to make this into a gift card holder.  Great for all occasions.
To catch up with all the other Fresh Fig Blogs please got to Catherine's Page Here:-
All Item used in this project can be found in the 2018 - 2019 Annual Catalogue, if you would like to purchase any or all of these products please give me a call so that I can help you with your order.
Hugs for now Diane  xx

5 comments:

  1. Diane I love how you embossed your Fresh Fig card using your Layered Leaves Embossing folder...stunning! Thanks for hopping along tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, the silver embossing on the Fresh Fig looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card on a card - the magnet is a good idea. Love how nice the silver embossing looks on Fresh Fig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, your card is so gorgeous and has such a richness to it with the silver and Fresh Fig combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Your embossed background looks amazing Diane.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.