Wednesday 5 June 2024

Week 6 - Basic Beige Colour Creations Blog-Hop 2024-25

 

Hello and welcome to week 6 of the Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog-Hop. we are featuring a 6th new colour to the pallet this year and it's called Basic Beige. It's not replacing any of the other Basic colours (Black or White) it's an extra.  It's a nice contrast to having Black, White or Vanilla card as sometimes these colours just don't match properly. I have teamed my Basic Beige with the lovely Take to the Sky Suite. I think I will have to buy more DSP for this suite as I have been using it so much. The card I made this week is called a Balcony Card.

I started with a Basic Beige card base and added my layers in Copper Clay and the lovely DSP from the suite. I used this paper with the planes on it so that it looked like the sky was full of planes. on my other 2 players of the balcony I used the paper with clouds. I then stamped the middle sized planes and the largest along with the banner. I attached the planes in the centre with window sheet and used dimensionals for the plane on the front.

when you stand the card up all the planes look as thou they are in mid air and that's the look I was aiming for. I know this one will go down a treat with the person I have in mind to give this to.


I placed writing panels on the back of the card and added some clouds and more planes. With plenty of space to write my message. All the items used in this project are in the current 2024-25 Annual Catalogue. If you would like to know more about this design or the products used please feel free to contact me.

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-: Christine Blain


 If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here.

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.

 Hugs Diane xx



11 comments:

  1. Great Balcony card Di! Love all the detail and I think Basic Beige is a great colour to be paired with this DSP and the planes are coloured great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, I have never seen a balcony card before and I love this fancy fold! You certainly are showcasing the take to the sky beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard5 June 2024 at 20:46

    Fantastic 3D card Di, the aeroplanes look like they are flying off the card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Balcony card is wonderful Di. I love your layers and the planes flying across the card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever, to use window sheet and dimensionals to attach the planes, Di ... a bit of movement, and layering, really adds a "wow" to your card design. Great card, that I am sure will be loved by the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard6 June 2024 at 13:34

    A great fancy fold card Di and Basic Beige is a perfect choice to team with the Take to the Sky suite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing card Di. It seems that the planes were a perfect choice for this style of fun fold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous masculine card showcasing those awesome vintage planes. Great pairing of Copper Clay with Basic Beige and the other colours in the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fancy masculine card and great use of Take to the Sky suite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love your balcony card Di and it is a perfect fancy fold for your diecut planes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing and a great way to showcase the suite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.