Wednesday 29 May 2024

Week 5 - Summer Splash Colour Creations Blog-Hop 2024-25

 

Hello All, and welcome to week 5 of the colour creations Blog-Hop. Our feature colour this week is the last of the new 2024-26 Incolor group of colours. It's called Summer Splash, this is a really pretty sea green colour and I love it.  I wanted to do something simple yet affective and this is what I came up with.

 Starting with a Summer Splash card base I added a Basic White layer that I embossed using the So Swirly Folder (I'm loving this folder as well). Then I added a DSP layer for the Incolour pack in Summer Splash. I used the striped side. I added the Burlap Ribbon from the Latte Love Suite across the centre. I added a small banner to the left-hand side that I stamped my message onto. Then I stamped the Shopping bags from the Attention Shoppers Bundle onto the DSP and also onto Basic White. I cut out the bags from the DSP and coloured to top section of the white bags and then glued the DSP versions over the top. I attached these to the front of my card and finished off with the lovely matching Shimmer gems.

Keeping the inside of my card simple I stamped a Basic White piece of card with my message and 2 pot plants from the same bundle. All my stamping was done with Memento and Summer Splash ink and my colouring with blends in Old Olive, Summer Splash, Cajun Craze, Fresh Freesia, Poppy Parade, & Flirty Flamingo. This is a really happy card.  All the items used in this project can be found in the 2024-25 Annual Catalogue or in the online exclusives. If you would like to know more about these product please feel free to contact me.

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-: Michele Taylor


 

 If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here.

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.

 Hugs Diane xx

11 comments:

  1. A wonderful card Di. I love the patterned shopping bags coordinating with the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring, Di! I love how you've stamped the bags on the DSP - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this so much! Your card is fabulous, and I love how you've even cut the paper out of the space below the handles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa Gerrard30 May 2024 at 11:39

    A lovely card Di. Great idea to stamp the shopping bags onto the DSP. It's a great fun stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty card, Di. I love this stamp set and those paper pieced gift bags are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fussy cutting skills with the DSP bags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful & happy card Di. I love your paper pieced shopping bags with the Blends coloured contents. A lovely combo. The embossed white and DSP background is gorgeous with the white banner and the shopping bags. Everything works together so well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous! Good use of the DSP and those shopping bags are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The paper-piecing of the shopping bags is a fun touch, Di, and a great way to ensure you could still colour the contents independently. Summer Splash is a beautiful, vibrant, colour, and your card is a lovely, happy, one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card, Di and I love the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Di I love your sweet card but the thing that really appeals to me is the way you have coloured the tissue paper. The bright colours really add to the overall design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.