Wednesday 10 January 2024

Week 35 of the Colour creations Blog-Hop 2023-24 - Night of Navy

 

Hi Everyone and welcome to week 35 of the colour creations blog hop. This week our feature colour is Night of Navy. I do like this colour but I did find it a little hard to come up with a design for this week.  I ended up using the same design as I have for my YOUTUBE channel (this will go live on Sunday 14th) This is a Swing Arm Card. I have made this before but I wanted to revisit it.


Here it is, I started with a Night of Navy card base and added a Basic White layer. Using the DSP from the Rock & Roll pack, as I thought this looked like some paint. I also used the Trusty Tools Bundle for the sentiment tag and paint brushes for the front of the card. I made my swing are using the deckled Circles. Finishing off the front with iridescent rhinestones.

The right-hand arm swings open so that you can open the card. When doing the inside of the card I used the Rock Star stamp set as I thought the words looked as though they had been painted. I did my insert stamping in Night of Navy. Using the nuts and bolts in the corners.

A lovely male card, I'm loving the fact that there are a few more male sets in the new Jan-April Mini Catalogue. If you would like to know more about these product or the card design, please feel free to contact me.

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-:Andrea Sargent


 If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx



5 comments:

  1. Di, your Swing Arm Card is such a fantastic masculine card! That sentiment from the Rock Star stamp set certainly does look like it has been painted on - a perfect pairing for the front of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Di and it doesn’t show that you were having difficulties deciding on the design. I love the masculine-looking DSP with the stamped paintbrush images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paper looks exactly like the first swish of a paintbrush over a surface! What a fabulous masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I thought that was stamped or a stampin spot dragged across the page, not DSP, wow. It really does look like paint strokes! This is a great fun fold design, Di.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background paper, and sentiment inside your card, work beautifully for a masculine paint-themed card, Di. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.