Wednesday 31 January 2024

Week 38 of the Colour creations Blog-Hop 2023-24 - Parakeet Party

 


Hello and welcome to week 38 of the colour creations blog-hop. This week our feature colour is Parakeet Party. This is one of the 2022-2024 Incolours, and it will be finishing up it's stay with us in April this year. Although green is my favourite colour I couldn't take to this one very much. So I have found it hard to work with. But I decided to team it up with Night of Navy and I really like how these two colours work together.

I used the Parakeet Party for my card base and added the night of navy layer. I then embossed a white layer using the Layered Floral 3d Folder. I placed the parakeet party ink pad onto the white card to highlight some of the raised image.  I then made my Faux Pinwheel using the DSP from the Countryside Inn pack. Picking up on the Night of Navy, and finishing off the centre with the flower form the Paper Florist die set. 

I carried over the layering on the inside of the card and did all of my stamping in Parakeet Party. The stamp set used for the sentiments is from the Pansy Patch set.

All the items used in this project can be found in the 2023-24 Annual Catalogue and the 2024 Jan-April Mini Catalogue. If you would like to know more about this design or the items used please feel free to contact me via email or text.

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-: Rachel Woollard


 If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx


5 comments:

  1. Night of Navy is quite striking, with Parakeet Party, Di. I like how you added ink to the dry-embossed background, and carried over the matting of colours to the inside of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought that you found the colour difficult to work with - your card is fantastic! The faux pinwheel is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di, I love your colour combination of Parakeet Party with Night of Navy. So many lovely layers of texture to look at on your lovely Faux Pinwheel card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loads of lovely features/layers on your card, Di. The faux pinwheel looks great with that floral centrepiece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dramatic card with the pinwheel and flower. Lovely combo Di.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.