Wednesday 1 March 2023

Week 42 Colour Creations Blog-Hop - Real Red

 

Hello and welcome to week 42 of the Colour Creations Blog-Hop. This week our feature colour is Called Real Red. This is a lovely red and I thought I would show it off with a rather simple card.

So I started with a Basic White card base and added my first layer in Real Red. My second layer was back to Basic White but I used the Metal Plate 3d Embossing folder. Just to give it some texture. I then added 2 more Real Red Panels and the lovely Like an Animal DSP that I coloured using Real Red ink and my Blending Brush. I think they came up beautifully. Attaching them to the front of the card one flat and the other on Dimensionals. I then Stamped the Happy Birthday from the Pansy Patch stamp set.

Finishing off the front with the 2021-2023 Incolor Opal Rounds that I coloured using my Dark Real Red Blends pen.

I decided to add the same colours to the inside of the card so using a bit more of the Like an Animal DSP, coloured and the Same Stamp set I layered in Real Red and Basic White. All the stamping was done in Real Red. All the items used in this project can be found in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue and the Jan-April 2023 Mini Catalogue. If you would like to know more about these products or this design please feel free to contact me via Email, PM or Phone.


To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-: Andrea Sargent


 

If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx



 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, the red ink on the DSP is so effective! I don't think animal, though, it makes me think of a stylised rose. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the Like an Animal DSP, Di. That DSP looks great with the Metal Plate 3d Embossing folder and your hand coloured Opal rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to colour the DSP Di. I actually looked at this DSP pack for this hop and thought - it won’t go. Never crossed my mind to colour it! Fiona Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blending of Real Red on the dsp added a gorgeous effect and striking impact on a simple layered card. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that blending on the DSP is brilliant, Di. I think this zebra needed to wear a little more sunscreen!! LOL but seriously, it looks great with the trio of rectangles and the inside is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel Palmieri5 March 2023 at 02:17

    Love how you coloured the DSP, it certainly adds interest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red and white is such a lovely, crisp, colour combo. Your card is striking, Di. I like that the addition of Real Red ink to that paper turns it from an "animal" print to a more abstract design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Real Red just pops right out at you Di. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.