Wednesday 15 March 2023

Week 44 Colour Creations Blog-Hop - Sahara Sand

 

Hello and welcome to my blog. This week our feature colour is called Sahara Sand. To me it's a sort of beige colour (like dirty sand), but it's a colour I do like. I thought I would make a Male card again as it's a challenge for me and I really do find it hard to make male cards. 

So this week I started with a Basic White card base and added a Garden Green layer. I then added a Sahara Sand layer that I embossed using the Metal Plate 3d Embossing folder that is part of the Legendary Ride Suite.

I thought that gave interest to the card front. I then added the grass layers using the grass stamp from the Easter Bunny Bundle, then I fussy cut the top so it looked like grass. I added a goal post in Early Espresso. Before making my Soccer Ball. This I did using the Beautiful Shapes Dies. I cut 6 Basic White and 4 Basic Black gluing them onto a piece of scrap then cutting it out using the layering Circles.

I placed dimensionals on to the back of the ball and then second layer of grass placing the ball between the layers. I finished off the front with the Sentiment tag that I flagged each end using the Pick a Banner punch. and stamping the You are Legendary form the Legendary Ride stamp set. Embellishment are from the 2021-2023 Opal Rounds.

Keeping the inside simple as I normally do I layered the Garden Green with Basic White and stamped the Grass along the bottom. Colouring it with Evening Evergreen. I Stamped the saying form the Greatest Journey Stamp set. I was so pleased with this that I made a video that will go live in early April.

All the items used in this project can be found in the 2023 Jan - April Mini Catalogue and the 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue. If you would like to know more about this project or that products used please feel free to contact me via Email, Phone or PM.

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-: Rachel Palmieri


If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx

10 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous male card, Di. My boys are all soccer mad and would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! The soccer ball looks amazing, and I love how you've added dimension with the layers of grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great male card Di and perfect choice of embossing folder too. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love that embossed background, it looks like the back of the goal net, with the soccer ball in front. This is a really great card for any soccer lover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di I love how you have layered the soccer ball between grass to add dimension. The pairs nicely with the other neutral colours including Sahara Sand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card, Di. Perfect for the soccer player in your life. Very clever use of the dies and embossing folder to create a wonderful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You say you find it hard to make male cards Di, but you aced this one. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been really clever finding appropriate sentiments for your super soccer card Di. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous masculine card Di. I love your soccer ball - such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Challenging yourself to make a masculine card really paid off, Di - it looks great! I love the details you incorporated to provide texture and interest, including tucking the soccer ball in between layers of grass. The embossed background looks fab in Sahara Sand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.