Wednesday 9 March 2022

Week 39 Colour Creations Blog - Hop Real Red

 

Hi and welcome to week 39 of the Art with Heart Team's Colour Creation Blog-Hop. We are really getting to the pointy end of the colours now. This week we have Real Red and though it's a lovely colour, I did struggle to come up this something for this card.  Real Red is one of the Regals Collection of colours and you can get Card stock, Classic Ink Pad, Refill and Blends Combo Pack in this colour along with this colour being featured in some of the DSP.
I have chosen to feature this colour using the Hello Ladybug Bundle from the  Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalogue. I really love this bundle and have used it a lot.
 

I started my card with a Real Red card base and added a Basic White layer and then a DSP layer from the Simply Elegant 12 x 12 pack I then cut out a scalloped layer in Basic White from the Scalloped Contours dies. Using Real Red ink I stamped the flowers from the Hello Ladybug stamp set through the middle on and angle. I first stamped off so as to lighten the colour a little. Once I was happy with this I then stamped my sentiment. I glued this to the front of my card on an angle. on another piece of Basic White card I stamped the large leaf and fussy cut them out. I place one at the top and one at the bottom front as seen in the photo. I then used the punch from the Bundle (Ladybug Builder Punch) and some Basic Black to cut out the body of the bugs and some Real Red to cut out the wings. Stamping the wing using Memento Black ink for the stops. I added Dimensionals to the back of the wings and also the back of the bug, then attached them on top of the leave. I finished off the front of the card using the Beautiful Iridescent Rhinestones in the middle of each flower.
 

The inside of my card is just a Basic White layers that I stamped my message on and glued to the inside of the card. I then stamped the large leaf and flower from the bundle and fussy cut them out and glued them also to the inside of the card. plain and yet effective. All the items used in this project can be found in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalogue and the Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalogue. If you would like more information about these or other product please feel free to give me a call, email or PM, so that I can help you.

Thank you for taking the time to read my Blog.

To catch then next person on the Hop please follow the link to-: Catherine Proctor   Here


If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here-

Hugs Diane xxx



5 comments:

  1. Oh snap, Di, on your choice of punch bundle and even on the colour of your leaves. I love that we have used so many of the same things but your cards are so different. I love how you've used this bundle - your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real Red is a great colour to use for the ladybirds' wings, Di ... and looks fantastic as a card base. Lovely way to showcase this colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane you have featured Real Red beautifully with those cute ladybugs. Great fussy cutting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really cute ladybug card, Di, and I am so impressed with your fussy cut leaves, they are faultless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those lady bugs Di. My goodness, those fussy-cut leaves are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.