Wednesday 25 November 2020

Week 26 Colour Creations Showcase - Merry Merlot

 Week 26 Merry Merlot

Hello and Welcome to week 26 of the Art with Heart Team Australia Colour Creations Showcase. This week our colour is Merry Merlot a lovely rich red wine colour. As we are close to Christmas I thought I would do a Christmas Card so Here it is.
 

 I used the quite Curvy dies and the Poinsettia Petals bundle along with the beautiful Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper which I love so much.
I also used Silver Embossing powder on my poinsettia flower so that it stands out against the darker Merry Merlot. I did find it a little harder to make this card as it's not a colour I find easy to work with.  I finished off the front of my card with the Holiday Rhinestones even though they are Cherry Cobbler they seem to match in very well.

 
My insert was kept very simple once again only adding a layer of Merry Merlot between the 2 layers of Whisper White card and stamping in Merry Merlot ink. I'm sure who ever gets this card will like it.
All the items used in this project can be found in the Aug-Dec 2020 Mini Catalogue and 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue.
If you would like to purchase any of the items used in this project please give me a Call, Email or PM so that I can help you with your purchase. Please keep in mind that the August-December 2020 Mini Catalogue ends of the 4th January 2021 so time is running out.
To catch up with all the other lovely project using Merry Merlot please head over to Catherine's Page Here-:
Thank you for taking the time to view my blog.
Bye for now, Hugs Diane xx

Items used in this project-:
  1. 106549          A4 Whisper White Card Stock
  2. 147005          A4 Merry Merlot Card Stock
  3. 147112          Merry Merlot Classic Stampin' Pad
  4. 150457          Holiday Rhinestones 
  5. 155148          Poinsettia Petals Bundle
  6. 153486          Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper
  7. 154319          Curvy Dies
  8. 104430          Stampin' Dimensionals
  9. 109131          Silver Embossing Powder

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Merry Merlot being a good colour for Christmas cards. Your card is beautiful Di. The poinsettia looks perfect embossed with the silver

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant and stylish Christmas card Di! I love the way you've used the curvy dies with the Poinsettia. Thanks for joining the Colour Creations Showcase tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What an amazing product selection! I love these products all together - and Merry Merlot is the perfect colour for complimenting the Plush Poinsettia Vellum! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that this is not an easy colour to work with, Diane! You've done a great job, though, lightening it with plenty of Whisper White; a lovely crisp colour combo. The flocked paper provides such elegance to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used Merry Merlot for Christmas cards, but on seeing yours Diane I can't understand why, as it works perfectly. Your card is lovely. The combination of the Curvy and Poinsettia dies is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, the curvy borders on your card are so lovely. I love the repeated border, and I'm very impressed at how well you've lined them up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why I've never used Merry Merlot for Christmas because it looks fabulous on your card. Great you matching up the curvy dies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.