Wednesday 3 June 2020

https://whatcathymade.com.au/?p=4950 

Hi Everyone and Welcome to the 2020-2021 Colour Creations Showcase. Each week we will be showcasing a different colour, we will be doing them in alphabetical order so we are starting with Balmy Blue the first colour for this year. I must admit it is one of the easiest colours to create with as I love this beautiful blue.

I started with a Whisper White card base and added a Balmy Blue Layer that I placed on Dimensionals I then Stamped the next layer which was whisper White using the Balmy Blue ink and the Birch Background stamp (which I please to say is carrying over to the new Catalogue) I then used Old Olive ink and the splotch stamp from the Dressed to Impress stamp set to add some colour to the background. I Stamped the Birds on the branch from the Free As A Bird stamp set (again Happy that is carrying over) and coloured them using my Blender pens, before fussy cutting them out. I stamped the blossom flower from the Forever Blossom bundle along with the leave and used the dies to cut them out after colouring them. Lastly I used the Sprig Punch and the Retiring Perennial Essence Vellum to add a little more. 


 For the inside of stamped my sentiment and some leaves before adding these to a Balmy Blue layer and gluing to the inside of the card.
All the items used in this project Except the Vellum are available in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue, if you would like to purchase any or all of these items I would be please to help you Please give me either a Call, Email or PM so that I can help you with your order.
To catch up with the other project in this beautiful colour why not head over to
Catherine's Page Here-: there are plenty to see.
Hugs Diane xxx

 

10 comments:

  1. Balmy Blue is a beautiful colour for birds, isn't it? Your card is lovely, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane I'm a sucker for bird cards and this stamp set and your card is simply gorgeous. I really love how you've the splotch stamp from the Dressed to Impress stamp set - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard3 June 2020 at 21:25

    Beautiful card Diane, these birds are so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, Di, that Birch background is perfect for nature and those birds are gorgeous in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really love your card Di and the background is just gorgeous with the birds. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Diane and perfect use of this weeks colour

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Diane! The birds and blooms look so pretty in the soft blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everybody loves a little blue bird! I love your soft colour choices Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card Diane. Love your blue birds with a touch of colour in the flower. The birch background works well with the birds and I love the way you have layered the different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane, your card is so pretty! The birch background stamp looks really great, and I am so happy that the lovely Free as a Bird stamp set has carried over too. I love the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.