Wednesday 27 March 2024

Week 46 of the Colour creations Blog-Hop 2023-24 - Smoky Slate

 


Hello and welcome to week 46 of the colour creations Blog-Hop. This week our feature colour is Smoky Slate. I did wonder what I could do for this colour, as it's not a colour I use very often. But I think I made it work. I use the lovely Latte Love Suit. This is an online exclusive set and I am loving it I have made a few cards using it already.

This time I started with a Lemon Lolly card base and added the Smoky Slate as my layer. I love this DSP that to me looks like an old fashion table cloth pattern. I then stamped the mugs and spoons before colouring them using Smoky Slate blends. I filled my mugs with a nice medium blend of coffe using Pecan Pie ink. I stamped the steam in Basic Gray and cut them out by hand. gluing them to the cups. I mounted the cups spoons and sentiment using dimensionals finishing off with just one of the swirl dots.



I wanted to add a little more interest to the inside of the card than I usually do so some coffee stains and a cup, again colouring with blends. I think the Lemon Lolly really brings out the Smoky Slate and they go together really well. I can see me using this set a real lot. If you would like to know more about this online exclusive product or any other online exclusive product please feel free to contact me. 

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-: Andrea Sargent


 If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx

9 comments:

  1. Smoky Slate and Lemon Lolly do go well together, great pick Di, and the check on the front reminds me of a table cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love grey and yellow together, and I think that you've used them beautifully. I did chuckle at your medium blend Pecan Pie colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard27 March 2024 at 20:03

    Great idea to use the checked DSP behind your cups, it really does look like a tablecloth, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Di, I would never have thought to combine Smoky Slate and Lemon Lolly but they work so well together! Love all the cards you are making with the Latte Love Suite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di your steaming coffee mugs look fabulous against the checked tablecloth DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Di your steaming coffee mugs look fabulous against the checkered tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card, Di. I agree, Lemon Lolly and Smoky Slate really complement one another. I hadn't seen that DSP as looking like a tablecloth, but from hereon in that's all I'll see! Love your creation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lemon Lolly card really freshens up the coloursof this card, Di. That DSP really does look like a tablecloth or picnic rug, perfect with your coffee mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No one could tell you struggled with Smoky Slate as your card is wonderful. I love the Love Latte cards. Your plaid ‘tablecloth’ behind your coffee mugs works brilliantly too. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.