Wednesday 6 March 2024

Week 43 of the Colour creations Blog-Hop 2023-24 - Pumpkin Pie

 


Hello and welcome to the Colour Creations Blog-Hop. we are now getting to the pointy end of the colours with only 7 more weeks to go after this. Our feature colour this week is Pumpkin Pie, a really lovely Orange and part of the Brights collection of colours. So with that in mind I decided I would use some of the lovely Stargazing DSP and the Reach for the Stars Bundle for this weeks project.

I started by using Pumpkin Pie for my card base making a cutaway front card design. I added Basic Black for my 1st layer and then the Stargazing DSP layer to both pieces of the front. I then stamped using my Versa Mark ink and Silver embossed my sentiment onto the DSP and then the astronaut on Black card embossed in silver mounting them with dimensionals. Finishing off the front with a few silver stars.

As the front of the card is cut away you can see some of the inside, so I added the Basic Black and Basic White layers to the inside. Stamping in Black Memento. I kept the inside very plain as I didn't want any stamping to be seen from the outside of the card.

This is such a simple design and yet very effective. I love the way this one turned out as well. All the items used in this weeks project can be found in the 2023-24 Annual Catalogue. If you would like to know more about this card design or the product that I used please feel free to contact me via email or PM.

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-:Rachel Palmieri


If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx


8 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard6 March 2024 at 19:55

    Stunning card Di, the rich colours in the Stargazing DSP look great with the Pumpkin Pie card base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pumpkin Pie designs in this paper are great, aren't they? Your Pumpkin Pie card base looks great (very bright and happy!), as does the silver-embossed image and sentiment on the darker paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di, all of those rich colours in the Stargazing DSP really pop against your Pumpkin Pie card base. I also love the silver-embossed image and sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa Gerrard7 March 2024 at 12:58

    Great choice of paper for your card Di. The Pumpkin Pie really pops against them. The silver astronaut must stand out well on the black card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di your embossed astronaut pairs nicely with the rich colours of the planets in the Stargazing DSP. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot about this DSP and bundle. I love what you have done with it Di, and clever design with the silver heat embossed astronaut on the front panel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card Di. So glad you worked with the Stargazing DSP and created an out of this world card. Wonderful with the silver embossing too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! Greetings Friend is a perfect sentiment! Love your layout and that DSP is just the best! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.