Wednesday 31 May 2023

Week 5 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog-Hop Wild Wheat

 

Wild Wheat a 2023-25 Incolor

Hello and welcome to week 5 of the Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog-Hop. This week we are featuring the last of the new Incolors called Wild Wheat. To me it's a dark mustard colour and I'm not sure about it yet. Hopefully it will grow on me.

So I have chosen to make a card that only feature colours no DSP. I started me card with a Basic Black base and using the deckled edge dies I cut the top and bottom of my card to match the other deckles. I added a Wild Wheat layer and then another Basic Black layer finishing with a Basic White that I stamped using the Beside Me Stamp set. Colouring in the image using the Blends Combo Packs in Poppy Parade, Night of Navy, Real Red & Black. Finishing around the image with Pool Party. I then added the Incolor Ribbon in Wild Wheat and a Few of the Glossy Dots on the same colour. All my stamping was done in Black Memento using the Beside Me & Happy Labels stamp sets.

 My insert was kept very plain with just a little stamping, but I used the Deckled Dies for the layering to match the outside.

 All the items used in this project can be found in the 2023-24 Annual Stampin' Up! Catalogue. If you would like to know more about these product or you would like to purchases them, Please feel free to contact me either by Phone, Email or PM.

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-: Kathryn Ruddick


  If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx


11 comments:

  1. Great idea to go with the bright and bold colours, Di. The WW cardstock background looks like a glorious sunny day, really suiting your stamped and coloured scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and white are great choices, to use with Wild Wheat, Di - they really make this lovely colour pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card design Diane! I love your use of Deckled Rectangles for the layers. One thing I would love to see is a bit of Wild Wheat in the colour of the image as well, to tie that panel in with the colours of the base layers. This could be a bit of watercolour wash around the image, OR if you are really brave, you could add some Wild Wheat to the lighter patches of the image before colouring, so that you get that golden glow where the sunlight lands on the man's shoulders, or use it as a shadow in his jeans - opposite colours make great shadows - and then your coloured image will have more dimension as well. Not a criticism, just a suggestion for expanding your colouring technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very dramatic card this week Di, and using a stamp set I love too. I'm sure you will soon learn to love Wild Wheat. It works rather well for leaves and grass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa Gerrard1 June 2023 at 14:08

    Such a great card Di and as others have said and used black and white go well with Wild Wheat. I actually love the use of Poppy Parade in the colouring of the shirts,as it draws your eye away from the boldness of the Wild Wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright reds & blues for your colouring of the images, Di. The B&W layers frame it nicely. I'm with you, I'm very slow to warm to this colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely Father’s Day card Di pairing your neutral colours black and WW with the colourful centre panel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card, Di, I love your choice of the bright colours with Wild Wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card, Di. In your photo's, the black looks almost like Night of Navy, but either way it's a great colour combo and lovely colours chosen for colouring your stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A striking card Di. Using Wild Wheat with black & white and red & blue colouring is beautifully dramatic. Love your layering with the deckled edges. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love how you have used Wild Wheat as a large bold area to your gorgeous focal image that you have coloured so perfectly! Great Card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.