Wednesday 30 November 2022

Week 31 Colour Creations Blog-Hop - Mossy Meadow


 Hello Everyone, and welcome to week 31 of the colour creations blog-hop. This week we are featuring the colour Mossy Meadow, a lovely dark green colour. So I have chosen to make a Christmas card to finish off the last of my Christmas cards for this year. I'm pretty sure I know who will get this card.

So I started with a Mossy Meadow base card and added a basic white layer I wasn't sure what style of card I was going to make. So I added my DSP Layer from the Boughs of Holly paper. But I thought it looked a little plain. So changed the card to a split front card. 

And I'm glad I did. I embossed another piece of Mossy Meadow with the Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder and then cut it to form the split section added Basic White strips along the cut edges. I then added Dimensionals (Foam Pads) to the back of these sections and attached them to the front of the card. I Cut out the Poinsettia from the same paper pack and added the sentiment from the Leaves of Holly Stamp set. Finishing the front with some Red Festive Pearls.


This has really given my card the lift that it needed. I did keep the inside very plain just added a Basic White layer and stamping in Mossy Meadow. I just didn't want to take anything away from the from of the card.


All the items used in this project can be found in the 2022-2023 Annual catalogue or the 2022 July to Dec Mini Catalogue. Items in the mini catalogue will be discontinued at the end of the year. If you are interested in any of these items please feel free to contact my via email, PM or phone so that I can help you with your purchase.

 To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-: Kate Morgan

If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx
 


5 comments:

  1. Di, I'm so glad you did decide to turn this into split card as it adds so much visual interest. What a gorgeous Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your split card front is marvellous, and I love how it draws the eye to that gorgeous poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di, this is such a great design to use the patterned papers and add dimension, with the poinsettia at the top! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely Christmas card Di. The split card front to show the DSP with the embossed Mossy Meadow front pointing to to the poinsettia works brilliantly. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Di. I was tempted to make a christmas card but changed my mind. I love how you have broken up the sameness of the Mossy Meadow with the beautiful paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.