Wednesday 16 November 2022

Week 29 Colour Creations Blog-Hop - Merry Merlot


 Hello and Welcome to week 29 of the Colour Creations Blog-Hop. This week our feature colour is called Merry Merlot. A lovely dark red wine colour. I was having trouble coming up with a design for my card so I decided I would do my go-to layout. 


So starting with a Merry Merlot card base I added a Basic White layer that I stamped using the Painted Poppies stamp set. I stamped these along the bottom and the top of the white layer. I then added another Merry Merlot layer and then my DSP from the Lights Aglow. I know that the DSP is Cherry Cobbler but I thought it went really well. I then cut out my Poppies using the coordinating dies Using both Merry Merlot and Cherry Cobbler. Then added my sentiment from the Peaceful Moments stamp set. I embossed this in gold, though the photo really doesn't do it justice. The oval and the ribbon ends are from the He's all That bundle. Lastly I added some Champagne Rhinestone.


I love this layout as it's very effective and really easy when you need that quick card but you want it to look special. My insert I stamped using Merry Merlot ink and added my message and another row of the poppies along the bottom.


All the items used in this project can be found in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue and the 2022 June-Dec Mini Catalogue. If you would like to purchase any of all of these product, or you would like to know more about this design please feel free to contact me either via, email, PM or Phone.

 To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-:Kate Morgan

If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane x


 

6 comments:

  1. Di, I would never have thought to combine Merry Merlot and Cherry Cobbler but they look fabulous together. I love your go to layout – it always looks great and different every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's rather inspired of you, to create poppies with this colour, Di - lovely choice! The sentiment looks great, gold-embossed on Merry Merlot, and the touches of white help tone down the boldness of our feature colour this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Merlot is a great choice for the poppies. The rich colours look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Di. I love your combination of Cherry Cobbler with Merry Merlot. Great layout too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combination of products, Di. The poppies look lovely atop the Lights Aglow paper and those gold foil banners look amazing behind your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Merlot and Cherry Cobbler are great choices for the poppies Di and surprisingly they go very well together. The small piece of DSP is a great choice as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.