Wednesday 23 February 2022

Week 37 Colour Creations Blog-Hop - Poppy Parade

 

Hello and Welcome to week 37 of the Colour Creations Blog-Hop. This week our feature colour is Poppy Parade, a beautiful bright red from the Brights Collection of colours. This also comes in the A4 Card Stock, Classic Stampin' Pad, Classic Stampin' Ink Refill, Blends Combo Pack and Brights DSP Assortments. 
I have made another of my fancy fold cards as I really enjoy making these kinds of cards. I love the challenge. This one is called a Triple Layer card. I have seen this made a few different ways so I have combined them to come up with my own version.

 I started with a Poppy Parade card base and added my DSP from the Mini Catalogue Called Flowering Fields. I put this on all 3 layers. I love the poppies so much. I then added the windmill to the front and the poppies to the second layer, leaving the back layer with only the DSP. I finished off the front with a sentiment front the Flowering Poppy stamp set and added some Champagne Rhinestones.
 

This is what the card looks like from the side and it does lay flat and fit into a regular envelope. It's really very effective and sits up lovely. I added a writing panel to the back of my card so that there is somewhere to write my personal message.

I Stamped the writing panel with the Windmill from the Tulip Fields stamp set along with the clouds. The saying was from the Flowering Tulips. My other layer used through out the card was Pear Pizzazz. I love the way the little windmills arms move around. I haven't decided who will receive this card yet. All the items used in this project can be found in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalogue or the 2022 Jan-Jun Mini Catalogue. If you would like more information about my project or the products used please feel free to give me a call, email or PM me. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

To catch then next person on the Hop please follow the link to-: Kate Morgan   Here


If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here-

Hugs Diane xxx



8 comments:

  1. What an awesome fancy fold, Di – I'm so glad you included the side photos so we can see it in all its glory. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful fancy fold card Di. I love the different layers and the tulips and windmill. You are very clever to adapt versions you have seen to create this lovely card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever fold, Di. The Poppy Parade windmill looks really striking! Love the side-view photo, to get a full appreciation of your card. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at fancy fold Di, just awesome! This is so fantastic! I love all the elements and the 2 pop out sections to have all the layering. I love that windmill it is perfect for the poppy parade night! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Di using the triple front to add depth behind the windmill. Love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an impressive fancy fold card Di and thankfully you are still able to use a regular rectangle envelope. It's not until you see the side view that you appreciate the work involved

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Di, this card is out of this world stunning!! It is perfect for that suite too. Plus I LOVE how you have taken and edited your photos - they really pop. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the depth you have achieved with this design and these beautiful products.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.