Wednesday 2 February 2022

Week 34 Colour Creations Blog-Hop - Pear Pizazz

 

Hello everyone and welcome to week 34 of the colour creations Blog-Hop. Well this week we are featuring the colour Pear Pizzazz, it's a really lovely green colour (I know I'm a bit biassed as green is my favourite colour).  But really it is a lovely green and I have coupled it with another of the greens. Mossy Meadow.  I have seen the Whitewash technique done a few different ways and I thought I want to give this a go. So here is my version of this technique.

So starting with a pear Pizzazz card base I then added a Mossy Meadow layer. I then cut a 2nd layer in Pear Pizzazz and stamped it using the Prized Peony stamp set and Mossy Meadow Ink. I then cut another layer using one of the Scalloped Contour dies and then using the Stitched Rectangles I cut another Pear Pizzazz layer that once again I stamped from the Prized Peony stamp set.
I then started to colour the stamped images using the White Craft ink pad that I squeezed onto one of my stamp block so the the ink was covering it. Using the Blender Pens that come in a pack of 3 I picked up some of the ink and started to colour in the flower petals. I did this on both stamped images. on the top image I coloured the branch using the Bronze blends pen. I that stamped my sentiment and mounted this onto another layer so that the 2 greens were together even there. I attached the sentiment and the smaller layers to the front of the card using dimensionals. 
Finishing off the front of the card with the beautiful Iridescent Rhinestones and a little Wink of Stella. My insert I layered the Mossy Meadow with Basic White. I stamped another of the Prized Peony flowers in the bottom right-hand corner and left the rest of it clear without a sentiment.

 
I was really happy with the effect and I have since made 2 more cards using this technique in different colours. Everything used in this project except the Rhinestones can be found in the Annual 2021-2022 Catalogue. The Iridescent Rhinestone can be found in the Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalogue. If you would like to know more about this technique or would like to purchase any or all of these product please feel free to give me a call, email or PM so that I can help you with your purchase.
Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xxx
 
 To catch then next person on the Hop please follow the link to-:  Rosa Leyden  Here-:
 

 

If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here-

Thank you again Hugs Diane xx


8 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for greens, too, Di. The peony stamp is a gorgeous image to use for this week's colour challenge, and you have done a lovely job with the whitewash technique. This is something I have been meaning to play with, and you have inspired me. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, your colouring, your layering and your entire card is simply stunning! I just love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and colouring Di, this is a technique I would love to try. Love how you have put the layers together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane your card is lovely and has inspired me to have a look at the whitewash technique. You have showcased Pear Pizzazz beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card, Diane. Lovely combination of the two greens and well done - you nailed the whitewash technique, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, Di. The scalloped frame is really lovely to highlight the magnolia bloom and the background stamping is beautiful. This whitewash technique has made a revival hasn't it?! You've inspired me to give it another go too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful card Di. It looks like beautiful vintage wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane your lovely card showcases Pear Pizzazz and the whitewash technique beautifully. You have inspired me to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.