Wednesday 1 September 2021

Week 14 Colour Creations Blog - Hop Crushed Curry

 

Hello and Welcome to week 14 of the Art with Heart Team Australia Colour Creations Blog-Hop. Each week we showcase a different colour from the Stampin' Up! range, this week is Crushed Curry. This is mustard shade of yellow from the Regals Collection. I was trying to find something a little different and having so much trouble that I ended up CASING a card from another demonstrator, LeeAnn Greff so thank you LeeAnn for the inspiration for this card.
 

I started my card with a Basic White base and added a Crushed Curry layer followed by another Basic White layer.  On my white layer I place a circle and then using my blending brushes and Crushed Curry ink Pad I coloured the front of my card adding a small amount of Pumpkin Pie ink so that it resembled a setting sun sky.  I then removed the circle to leave the white circle as the moon. I then used Evening Evergreen ink to stamp my Bamboo from the Bamboo Beauty Stamp set on page 49 of the 2021-2022 Annual Catalogue.


 

With my insert I matched this with outside of the card using the same techniques. I thought that leaving the inside white it would look wrong. it's such a simple design that really does give a real punch (in my opinion). 


 

All the items used in this project can be found in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalogue, if you would like to purchase any or all of these product please give me a call, email or PM so that I might help you with your purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog 

You can hope over the next person in the blog-: Ros Davidson  From Here.


 If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctors Blog Here-: 

Thank you Diane

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is fabulous! The sponging looks great, and the bamboo is perfect to go over the top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin Pie was a great ink colour choice, to pair with Crushed Curry, Di - I wouldn't have thought to use them together. The bamboo stamped over the "moon" looks lovely ... and I agree, carrying over the design inside the card adds a real punch. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card Di - yes, I agree it really gives a real punch. I love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di, I love it! I will have to case your card. I have this Bamboo Beauty set but haven't had a play yet and you have done a wonderful job showcasing it and crushed curry

    ReplyDelete
  5. The matching inside of the card is fabulous. If I didn't know, I could have mistaken it for the outside of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An elegant card Di and love the softness of Crushed Curry on your card which provides the perfect background to the bamboo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I like how you repeated the design on the inside - that looks great! I like how you blended the Crushed Curry to get a lighter tone too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The use of Pumpkin Pie is not one that I would've thought would work but you've showed it goes beautifully. Love the silhouette effect on the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the soft colouring of Crushed Curry on your card Diane, and the bamboo looks great stamped in Evening Evergreen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane your soft Crushed Curry background is beautiful with the lovely stamped bamboo image. The silhouette effect is also lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.