Tuesday 7 August 2018

Colour Creations - Calypso Coral

http://whatcathymade.com.au/awh-colour-creations-blog-hop-week-10-calypso-coral/
Hi Everyone, We are now up to week 10 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week the colour is "Calypso Coral" Mmm not sure how you would describe this colour, sort of a deep peach is my guess. My card this week is rather spiffy as my mum said. It's a really big card and I had to make a box for it to fit into as you can see in the Photo.
It's not my own idea I saw it online. But I thought it was rather nice for a change. The card measures 5 7/8 x 5 7/8 square and as the bow tabs hang over the edge of the card the box is slightly larger.  I used Calypso Coral Card stock as well as Very Vanilla and Gold Foil Sheet. The D.S.P. is from the Tea Room Collection and the Stamp set is the beautiful you set.
I used my layering ovals Dies to make the bows and then curled them around on to themselves and layered them on top of each other. I Stamped the lady twice once on the Very Vanilla card and once on the D.S.P. and cut out the dress and hat before gluing them over the stamped image.
I also stamped her again on the insert. I was really pleased with the result of this card and I am thinking of making another one in a Christmas Theme.
I then made the box using the calypso Coral card for the lid along with the same D.S.P. and the base I made from the Very Vanilla. I also made another bow and attached a Tag using the Ribbon from the Tea Times Suite, before finishing off with some basic pearls.
 
You will find all the items used for this project in the 2018 - 2019 Annual Catalogue. If you would like to purchased any or all of these items please give me a call, I would love to help you.
You can catch up with all the other blogs by going to Catherine's Page Here

6 comments:

  1. Dianne this in an incredible card with its own box...WOW! Thanks for hopping along on the colour creations hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo such a beautiful card. The bow is glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one amazing 3D card, Diane and a great idea to create a box to fit it in! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bow makes it a wow card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is rather spiffy, your Mum is right! How great is that card it deserves a box for such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fantastic card! I'm sure the lucky recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.