Wednesday 12 July 2023

Week 11 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog-Hop - Basic Gray


 

Hello and welcome to week 11 of the Colour Creations Blog-Hop. This week we are featuring Basic Gray. Not one of my faves that's for sure. So I hummed and Ahhhhhh ed about what to make and decided I want to try the Patina look. So I got out a Stamp set and Embossing folders and gave it a try.

I decided I was going to use the Sweet Citrus bundle, so placing Basic Gray ink onto my Embossing Folder to start the process. I added Old Olive and Balmy Blue ink with my blending brushes and then I added some Gold embossing powder. I don't think the photo really does it justice, it looks better in real life.


So I mounted my Patina panel onto Basic Gray card and then attached this to a Slate Gray card base. I finished off the front of the card with a saying from the same set. That I stamped in Basic Gray. added just a few Iridescent Gems.

I carried the theme over to the inside of the card stamping in Basic Gray and adding a touch of Old Olive and Balmy Blue. Not bad of my first attempt, if I must say so myself.

All the items used in this project can be found in the 2023-24 Annual Catalogue. If you would like to purchase any or all of these product please feel free to contact my via email, phone or PM. 

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to- Rachel Woollard

 If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx


 



7 comments:

  1. Di, your card looks like a beautiful vintage wallpaper - it is a gorgeous colour combo and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The patina effect looks very interesting - I will have to look it up! Basic Gray is such a tricky colour, but I think that you've done a marvellous job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat way of inking the embossing folder with various colours and that gold would look so beautiful in real life. Great card, Di.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa Gerrard13 July 2023 at 09:51

    I've not heard of the Patina effect before so thanks for explaining it. I imagine the use of the gold embossing powder would add a lovely shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting technique! Great choice of colours, Di ... I can see this technique looking fab in all sorts of colour combos. I like the way you've showcased Basic Gray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That gold embossing must look amazing IRL, what an interesting technique, thanks for explaining it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gold embossing powder would look amazing in real life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.