Wednesday 5 July 2023

Week 10 23-24 Colour Creations Blog-Hop - Balmy Blue

 


Hello and welcome to week 10 of the Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog-hop. This week our feature colour is Balmy Blue. This is a really pretty blue I really like it, and it part of the Subtles collection of colours. 

I wanted to do a very special card (not that I know who will be getting it yet), and I had seen this one done a few time so I thought I would give it a try. 

This card is called a Concertina Pocket card, even though the front looks very plain it's when you open up the card that the magic begins. So I started with a Night of Navy card base and added the Balmy Blue layer and the beautiful Countryside Inn DSP, the little flowers are in Balmy Blue. I used the Color & Contour dies for the sentiment on the front along with some iridescent Rhinstones. But wait for it I will open the card for you......

Well what do you think? I have layered the inside of the card with the same DSP as the front and then added the 2 pockets. Finishing off the inside with the concertina fold along the bottom. I added 2 tags from the Tailor Made Tag dies in the pockets. The ribbon for the tags and to tie the card closed, is Inner Braid Ribbon. I must admit I was very happy with how these colours all go together so well. But I needed somewhere to write my message, so I added a writing panel to the back of the card.

I can see me making a few more of this style as I think it would be great for a male or Christmas Card as well. All the Items used in this project can be found in the 23-24 Annual Stampin' Up! Catalogue. If you would like to know more about these product or the design please feel free to contact me either via Phone, Email or PM.

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-:Rachel Woollard


 If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx




8 comments:

  1. That is a very cool design, Di. How good would it be for Christmas?!! It looks like a Christmas tree to me. Ditto with the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, I love this Concertina Pocket card fancy fold. It really is a very special card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree wth Kate -it would make a great Christmas card, especially with a little gift card tucked into one of the pockets. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful fold for your card, Di. I love the sense surprise inside the card. It would be brilliant for the inclusion of a gift card or … Beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's a rather spectacular design, Di! The concertina fold inside the card is a real "wow". Those papers are gorgeous. Nice way to showcase Balmy Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous fun fold! I hadn’t seen it done with the pockets before, very clever. Love that DSP, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa Gerrard6 July 2023 at 11:17

    What do I think? Wow just wow , what a fabulous concertina pocket card you have created Di! As Kate said what a fab idea for christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cool card design and one I hadn't seen before!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.