Wednesday 28 July 2021

Week 9 Colour Creations Blog-hop Calypso Coral

 

Hello and welcome to week 9 of the Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog-hop. This week we have a very pretty Orange colour that is called Calypso Coral. I have made a reverse Easel card and I was very happy with how it turned out. 

I started with a Calypso Coral card base and added the Basic White layer then the DSP from the You're a Peach. I love this paper it's so bright and cheery. I stamped my Dahlia from the new Sale-A-Bration Free items that will be available from the 3rd August - 30 September 2021. This stamp set is called Delicate Dahlias and I love this set as well. I then Masked the flower and stamped the leaves. Both the flowers and the leaves are 2 step stamping and go together so well. I then added heat and stick powder to small areas of the flower using Versa Mark before heating the powder and then applying the Gold Leafing. This just gave the flower that little extra that it needed to bring it out. I then attached a small bow using the Evening Evergreen Ribbon and finished off with some Gold Metallic Pearls. I also added the pearls to the centres of flowers on the stopper bar.

I made the stopper bar sit in the middle of the card so that it would allow the flowers easel section stand up high so that it could be seen really easy when on display.


I added my writing panel to the back of the card and stamped both my Happy Birthday on the front and in other message from the Pansy Patch Stamp set (page 29 AC). All the items used in this project can be found in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalogue and the August-September Sale-A-Bration catalogue. Don't forget that when you order $90 or more products from either the Annual Catalogue or the Mini Catalogue you can choose a Free Item from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue. If you would like any or all of the item used in this project please give me a Call, Email or PM so that I can help you with your purchase.
Thank you for taking the time to view by blog.
 
 You can hop over to the next person in the Blog- Hop-: Amie McIlroy  From Here.
 


“If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog.

Hugs Diane



10 comments:

  1. This is very pretty, Di. Great masking, with the flowers and leaves ... and the gilded leafing adds a touch of elegance to those lovely blooms. I hope you've had a great birthday! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful birthday card created by the birthday girl! Happy birthday Di - I've never seen a reverse easel card before and your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a reverse easel card. A new one for me and a very lovely version Diane. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've never seen this fold before! It's lovely, and a great idea to help the easel part to sit up straighter. The gold touches are fantastic. I hope you've had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That gilded Dahlia is set off beautifully Di and displayed nicely with the reverse easel card. A new style to try out! Hope you enjoyed your special day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Di, I haven't seen a reverse easel card before! Your masking to get those leaves so close tot he blooms is outstanding and I love the touch of Gilded Leafing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Di and a great use of the Dahlia stamp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Diane. Love the touches of gold leafing and the contrast in colour from the Evening Evergreen bow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that Dahlia pretty and what a beautiful card you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your choice of DSP you've used for this card. I have never seen this fold before either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.