Wednesday 21 October 2020

Week 21 - Colour Creations Showcase - Highland Heather

 Week 21 Highland Heather

Hello Everyone, and Welcome to week 21 of the Art With Heart Team Colour Creations Showcase.
This week our colour is Highland Heather this colour is part of the Subtles Collection and a really lovely purple. I wanted to use the Embrace Each Moment stamp set and was struggling to think of anything to do then I came across this card on Pinterest (Sorry I can't give credit as there was no name) But thank you for the inspiration. 
I Started with a Whisper White Card Base and added the Highland Heather layer, I then cut out the frame for the Ornate Styles Bundle and then cut out the centre of the frame so that I could place another Whisper White Layer behind it. I then stamped my image onto the white layer and using the Blends Light and Dark in Highland Heather and Purple Posy along with the Bronze, Ivory and Lifter I coloured in my image. I then used the Light Gray Granite blend to highlight the couple. I then added this to the front of the card and then place the frame around it. I Coloured 3 of the metallic pearls with Highland Heather and place them in the top corner of the frame. I then took some of the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and using the Dark Highland Heather Blend pen I coloured to dots. I tied 2 bows and then using glue dots I glued them together to form a double bow.
I place the bow in the bottom left-hand corner to finish off the front of the card. For my insert I stamped the hands and coloured them and simple works of Embrace the Moment. I layered this in the same way as the front of the card.

 
All the items used in this project can be found in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue, if you would like to purchase any or all of the items used in this project please give me a Call, Email or PM.
To view all the other lovely Highland Heather Products please head over to Catherine's Page Here-:
Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog Page.
Hugs Diane xx

Items Used in this Project-:
106549          A4 Whisper White Card Stock
147010          A4 Highland Heather Card Stock
154887          Highland Heather Stampin' Blends Combo Pack
154896          Purple Posy Stampin' Blends Combo Pack
154922          Bronze/Ivory Blends
144608          Color Lifter Blends
146912          Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
146282          Metallic Pearls
132708          Memento Ink Pad
154886          Gray Granite Light Blends 
154119          Ornate Style Bundle

8 comments:

  1. Great colouring Di - the purples all blend together so beautifully and the hands on the inside of your card are a lovely finishing touch. Thank you for inspiring us all with your Highland Heather card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coloured pearls, and ornate frame, are lovely touches on this soft, romantic card, Diane. Nice way to showcase Highland Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it always amazes me how our group always makes such different cards - this one is delightful! I would not have thought to use Highland Heather with that stamp set, but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Diane. It would be perfect for an engagement or wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, what a sweet card, Di, your colouring is great and I think the ornate frame is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely card, Diane. I agree with Judy, it would make a perfect engagement or wedding card. Great colouring with the blends markers and I love the Gray Granite highlight around the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colour is fabulous on this card and the finishing touch of the hands on the inside is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.