Wednesday 19 October 2022

Week 25 Colour Creations Blog-Hop - Gray Granite

 

Hello and Welcome my lovely Crafty Friends. This week we are featuring Gray Granite as our colour. Not an easy one for me to work with, to dull for my liking. Gray Granite is part of the Neutrals Collection of Stampin' Up! Colours it has a slight beige tinge to it. But I teamed it up with Basic Gray to create my card. As I think this is a colour more suited to a Male card, this is what I made.


I started with a Gray Granite card base that if deckled the bottom edge on. I then cut out 4 layers of deckled rectangles alternatively in Basic Gray and Gray Granite. With the smallest as Gray Granite I then set about giving my sky the stormy look using Fresh Freesia to give the effect of storm clouds, and using Balmy Blue for the sea. I stamped my sail boat from the Let's Set Sail Bundle and added the birds. I stamped the message from the Celebrating You Stamp Set. Finishing off the front with some Iridescent Rhinestones to make it look like rain drops.

As always my insert is plain I layered 2 more deckled rectangles and stamped my sentiment in Memento ink.


All the items used in this weeks project can be found in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue. If you would like any of these products or would like to know more about them please feel free to give me a Call, email or PM so that I might help you.

 To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-:Rachel Palmieri


If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx

6 comments:

  1. Great masculine card, Di. I love your choice of Fresh Freesia, over Gray Granite, to create storm clouds. A few of us discovered that yellows go well with Gray Granite (I agree, not an easy colour to use on its own)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 4 layers of alternate Basic Gray and Gray Granite deckled rectangles - it gives such a lovely effect for you masculine card, Di. Your Iridescent Rhinestones are perfect for rain drops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all the layers on your card are so effective. They frame the scene you've created so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great masculine card Di. I love your layering of the deckled layers. A lovely sail boat scene. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card has come together very nicely Di, a good card for the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely moody, masculine card, Di. All those Deckled rectangle layers are great with your little sail boat with raindrops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.