Wednesday 17 February 2021

Week 36 - Colour Creations Showcase - Poppy Parade

 

Hello and Welcome to week 36 of the Colour Creations Showcase by the Art with Heart Team Australia.

This week our colour is Poppy Parade and very bright Red and part of the Brights Collection of Colours. I have chosen a fairly simple card for this week and yet it's a card that a beginner through to advance crafter could make. I call it an Abstract Card.


I made this style of card when my mum was up a few weeks ago as she needed a Male card and wanted something a little different. So I know this can look just as good as a male card as well as this female version.  I started out with a Blushing Bride card blank and add the Poppy Parade layer followed by another Blushing Bride. My DSP is from the Flowers for Every Season set and I layered that onto the Poppy Parade. After find the best angle I then stamped my Sentiment Using the Peaceful Moments Stamp Set and added some basic pearls to Finish off the front of the card.


My insert is very plain with just the Poppy Parade layered onto white card. all my Stamping was done in Poppy Parade. I love the simplicity of this card and yet it can look so stunning. All the products used in this project can be found in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue. If you would like to purchase any of all of the product used here please give me a Call, Email or PM so that I might help you with your Purchase. You can catch up with all the other lovely Poppy Parade Projects from Catherine's Page Here:-

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane
 
Items used in this Project:-
  • 121694          A4 Poppy Parade Card Stock
  • 131287          A4 Blushing Bride Card Stock
  • 106549          A4 Whisper White Card Stock
  • 147050          Poppy Parade Ink
  • 152486          Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper
  • 144219          Pearl Basic Jewels
  • 151595          Peaceful Moments stamp Set

8 comments:

  1. Di, it's amazing how a simple twist of an angle can add so much interest to a card - your creative and beautiful design has reminded me to try this technique as it looks so effective. Thank you for providing some Poppy Parade Inspiration this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink and red look so lovely together! The floral paper is very sweet. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the Poppy Parade flowers in that paper (had forgotten about that!); such a pretty element on your card, Di. The sentiments look great stamped in Poppy Parade, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought we had a paper with Poppy Parade flowers in it - then I told myself, no, it's only the new In Colour - Magenta Madness - see, I'm not going crazy after all! I love how you have used this paper to such good effect Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I love this Flowers for Every Season paper and almost used the exact same piece for my card, but changed at the last minute. A great abstract design, Di.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven’t seen this DSP for a while Diane, I get so caught up with new products that I forget about these very pretty papers from the AC. Very versatile layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny I too hadn't noticed that Poppy Parade was in that DSP either but you've managed to accentuate it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not notice Poppy Parade was in this DSP and you have made highlighted it wonderfully. Love the twisted DSP on the card also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.