Wednesday 28 February 2024

Week 42 of the Colour creations Blog-Hop 2023-24 - Pretty Peacock

 


Hello and welcome to the Colour Creations Blog-Hop. This week our feature colour is Pretty Peacock. I love this colour it's so nice and yet it is a dark colour. I would call this colour a sort of greeny blue. Anyway I thought I would use the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle for this weeks project. So I started with a Pretty Peacock base card and added a Basic White layer and then a DSP layer using the Bright and Beautiful Paper. I then cut out the ice cream cone in Crumb Cake and using the same colour ink darkened the edges so that it looked more rounded. I then cut out the ice cream in Bubble Bath and Basic White to give the effect of a swirl in 2 flavours. Finishing off the ice cream with some strawberries. It looks so good I would love to eat it. I attached this to the front of the card using Dimensionals. along with my sentiment.


 I carried the Strawberry theme over to the inside of the card. I so love strawberries and I coloured these using my Real Red Blends. All the sentiment stamping was done in Pretty Peacock. I must say I really am loving this set, I think I will have to do a video of this card. What do you think?


 

All the items used in this project can be found in the 2023-24 Annual Catalogue and the 2024 Jan-April Mini Catalogue. If you would like to know more about these product or my card design please feel free to contact me.

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-: Christine Blain


  If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx

 

10 comments:

  1. Great card Di, just what we need on a night like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. That icecream does look delicious, Di! I really like how you sponged the edges of the cone; very effective. Pretty Peacock and all those other colours look beautiful, in the background DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A yummy card Di. I love your delicious icecream with strawberries backed by the Bright & Beautiful DSP. Lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a scrumptious card, Di! I want an ice cream and some strawberries now. Love the combination of all the colours and yes to the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of Pretty Peacock Di to create a yummy looking card. The icecream swirls are very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour combinations for your card Di! It makes me want to eat your ice-cream! The background is perfect to show it off as well! Ok Now I need and strawberry icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, your cute card looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and cheerful card Di. That ice cream cone is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun way to highlight Pretty Peacock Di, and the new stamp bundle. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh yes, that does look delicious and the swirl is lovely giving the vibe of two flavours. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.