Wednesday 28 June 2023

Week 9 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog-Hop - Pecan Pie

 


Hello and welcome to week 9 of the Art with Heart Colour Creations blog-hop. This week we are featuring the lovely Pecan Pie Colour which is a lovely rich brown colour, and part of the Neutrals Collection of colours. I really didn't know what I was going to create for this week and then I came across a lovely Bridge card that folds flat for posting and I thought I would give this one a try.

I really wanted to use the Little Monkey Bundle so I thought I would doing it with this style of card. I started with a Pecan Pie card base and added a Crumb Cake layer and the DSP from the Bright & Beautiful papers I chose the Blue paper as I thought it looked like the sky and it would go well with the monkeys fling through the air. So I stamped some branches onto Basic White and coloured them using my marker pens and I also stamped some onto the DSP colouring them as well. I cut out the 4 branches and added 3 to the front of the card across the bridge. I also cut out some of the bananas as well so that they are hanging in the trees. Finishing off with a sentiment tag from the stylish shapes dies and hanging a couple of monkeys from the trees.

from the side of the card you can see that the bridge section is a concertina fold so it will spring out once the card is removed from the envelope. I did also add some iridescent rhinestones to the finish off the front of the card. I also carried my theme over to the inside of the card. With another Monkey hanging from a branch. along with the words Little Monkey. I coloured all of my Monkeys with Pecan Pie and Crumb Cake. They are really very cute.

All the items used in this project can be found in the 23-24 Annual Stampin' Up! Catalogue. If you would like to know more about the product used in this project or you would like to purchase them please give me a call via phone, email or PM so that I can help you.

To catch up with the next person on the Hop please follow the link button below to-:Christine Blain


 If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Catherine Proctor's Blog from Here

Thank you for taking the time to view my Blog.
Hugs Diane xx




11 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard28 June 2023 at 19:39

    This is a really cute card Di, great idea to use the branches across the front of the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cheeky monkeys on your fabulous concertina fancy fold are super cute, Di! I love the way Pecan Pie looks against the beautiful blue DSP sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card Di. I love you different version of a bridge fold. I will have to follow up how you created it as it’s great the way the card also opens. Your monkeys are so cute. Love the addition of the bananas too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di, this is the perfect card design for your cute little monkeys swinging on the branches. Love the blue background too, really makes the scene pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice of stamp set, to use with Pecan Pie, Di! This is a very cute, fun, card, with lots of interesting details to look at. The blue paper is a beautiful choice to complement Pecan Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, I did wonder if someone would use the monkey stamps. Your card is super cute, and a great use of the bridge fold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course monkeys are ideal in Pecan Pie, and cute monkeys they are too. Looks like many of us found blue a good partner to PP as well, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa Gerrard29 June 2023 at 10:01

    Such a cute card Di and a the monkeys are a great choice for Pecan Pie. Great fancy fold especially as it folds flat for postage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great twist on the bridge card! Love that you used the monkey set with this fun fold and the blue is a great match to Peacan Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really cute card Di, I love how you found a bridge fold card that folds flat. The blue looks great behind your cute Monkeys. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is a great card design for the monkeys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.